Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Five Year Anniversary

Yesterday was our fifth anniversary. Below are some of our engagement pictures. It is hard to believe that five years have already gone by.

We actually used this photo for our announcement. We did Photoshop out the faddish rip in Nathan's pants for the announcement though. We look so young and thin. Ha ha. I should probably mention we both had some bad food poisoning shortly before the engagement photos were taken Nathan looks extra thin and boyish both here and in our wedding photos.


These pictures were taken by our friend Lysle for our Christmas card. When he was taking this photo of us without Corinne I was joking that it was like getting our engagement photos done again so I thought it would be fun to stick a few of both up for comparison sake. I like my hair much better now longer and closer to my natural shade. I wouldn't mind if those other jeans still fit though. Grrr.

We had a lot of trouble getting baby girl to be happy and look at the camera.

For our anniversary Nathan got us an overnight babysitter and booked us a night at the Hilton Americas down town. We went to a nice fish restaurant (my favorite), then swimming in the hotel pool followed by staying up way too late dancing at a club until the disco lights started to make me feel dizzy. It was fun, but if we go to a club again I think we should find a few friends to go too. He planned the whole night. It was a lot of fun. Thanks Nate.

Traditionally the fifth year is a wood gift, but Nathan bought me an opal ring and necklace set. Opal is Corinne's birthstone and when he asked what I wanted this year I said an opal. I am exchanging the one he picked out though (which he said he knew I would) for just a ring instead. We will find the right one and then I'll post a picture. I have noticed I don't like a lot of opal settings so it might take a little while.


No comments:

Post a Comment