Thursday, April 22, 2010

Grandma Vera's 90th Birthday

The weekend before last we went out to Minnesota to visit Nathan's extended family for Grandma Vera's 90th birthday. Grandma and Grandpa Petersen are both doing surprisingly well health wise for being 90 and 94 respectively.

While in Minnesota we went out to the farm and had egg sandwiches with grandma and grandpa, which despite the name are really good! Dana had fun driving people around on the tractor in between doing odd jobs around the house. We put him to work when he comes and visits us too! In this picture is Carolyn (previousely highlighted on the blog during their visit in February) and her children Alex and Sydney. Their youngest Camryn, joined us later.

And here is more of the tractor. Notice how dark and fertile that dirt looks in the distant plowed field. Nothing like Texas's reddish clay.

This visit was my first time meeting a lot of Nathan's family on his dad's side. Dana is one of twelve children. They are all very nice, tall and have a similar sense of humor to Nathan. It was fun and I would not mind seeing more of them, which is good because I hear there is a reunion in the works for next summer!

Dana's sister Zina posted a video clip of her mother talking at the birthday party on u tube. The link is below. We met at the church house because no one's house was big enough. We did all meet at the local Chinese buffet The Wok'n Roll the night before though, Grandpa Edwin's treat! Thanks again.


2 comments:

  1. Last time I was in the tractor bucket, I was around 12. Grandpa loaded it with cousins and lifted up onto his deck and everyone got out.... except for me. I was to scared.

    Well Grandpa didn't see me in the bucket still and began to back away and lower it (I would have fallen out. Luckily all the cousins began yelling at grandpa to stop and Brooke helped me out of the tractors bucket!

    ReplyDelete