Monday, February 15, 2010

Surfside Beach Half Marathon

I have been training for the last few months to go run a half marathon and Saturday was the big day. I was honestly a bit worried about it could not sleep for two nights before the run, but it went well. I had to walk a few steps to drink water at the water tables on the way, but other than that I was able to run the entire time and it was the furthest I have ever run before. The race was on the beach and in the sand, but the sand was pretty compacted and not hard to run on.
I carpooled with a couple of girls from the ward who did the run too and then Nathan came down for the finish with Corinne. I came in 214th place over all out of 519 runners. I was 17 out of 46 for my age group, and my chip time says I ran it in 2 hours 15 minutes and 40 seconds running at a pace of 10 minutes 26 seconds per mile. That is honestly better than I thought I would do. I now have something to beat for my next one.

It was Corinne's first time on the beach. Hopefully next time we go to the beach it will be warmer so she can actually enjoy it. She seemed rather stoic and unimpressed with the beach. Maybe it was because she had just woke up after the car ride.

We had trouble getting Corinne to look at Nathan for a picture. She was too mesmerized by my red jacket. Nathan is going to start training for a half marathon now. It is such a time sucker to train that we have to take turns.

No comments:

Post a Comment